Is This Ick?

Richie4463

I posted a few days ago about one of my mollys being aggressive but having looked a bit closer at my tetra I'm not sure now, I am beginning to think it may be ick in my tank, I hope not but I really don't know.
My tetra has what looks like a white spot on it's tail, I thought part had been bitten off but again I'm not sure.
Please see attached pictures.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_20181003_110618.jpg
IMG_20181004_102850.jpg

cichlid4life

not ich but it is looking more like fin rot.

Richie4463

Thanks for the quick reply, looks like my molly is to blame after all

cichlid4life

fin rot is not the same as fin nipping, fin rot is when the water quality of the the water in an aquarium goes down and the bacteria starts to eat at the fish' ins body and/or slime coat, the only way to treat it is to do daily water changes about 40% every day. Take out all active carbon from your filters so as to not absorbe all of the medications, and add paragaurd to your tank. I will be gone to work soon so I will ask someone else to help you out in my absense. chromedome52 will you help this person with their fin rot?

ValerieAdams

fin rot is not the same as fin nipping, fin rot is when the water quality of the the water in an aquarium goes down and the bacteria starts to eat at the fish' ins body and/or slime coat, the only way to treat it is to do daily water changes about 40% every day. Take out all active carbon from your filters so as to not absorbe all of the medications, and add paragaurd to your tank. I will be gone to work soon so I will ask someone else to help you out in my absense. chromedome52 will you help this person with their fin rot?
Chromedome52 is no longer active on the forum. I don't think it really looks like fin rot, at least my betta didn't have that white stuff with it's finrot, and it was pretty bad. DarkOne helped me a lot with treating my 29g

cichlid4life

oh, um that weird because chromedome52 was active just a few moment be fore I had posted that t post, fin rot come in different types and sizes and this one is just a white looking tail rot. I would QT the tetra even if the tank water is the cause of the problem, your tetra needs time to grow he fin back and it will take time so I wouldn't keepn him in you main tank, because I will only get worst in the main tank but in a QT it will stop and start growing back.

ValerieAdams

oh, um that weird because chromedome52 was active just a few moment be fore I had posted that t post, fin rot come in different types and sizes and this one is just a white looking tail rot. I would QT the tetra even if the tank water is the cause of the problem, your tetra needs time to grow he fin back and it will take time so I wouldn't keepn him in you main tank, because I will only get worst in the main tank but in a QT it will stop and start growing back.
He was last active on Tuesday at almost 8 lol. He posted a goodbye thread at the exact time he was last active. He said he wouldn't be back.

Anyhow, I agree with what you suggested for fin rot

DoubleDutch

It might be the neon-columnarisstrain

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Tbertrand
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Roman96
Replies
Views