Is this ick? Please help! Help 

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My balloon belly molly has these weird white spots on her fin. I think it might be ick but I'm not sure. I have never dealt with it before. Would it be better to isolate her so she doesn't contaminate my other fish?? She is in a 20 gallon with cory catfish, hatchetfish, another balloon molly, shrimp, and snails. I also have 2 baby cories that are almost 3 months old and I will be devastated if they die because I didn't act quick enough. Thank you!!!
IMG_7836.JPG
IMG_7837.JPG

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Take a deep breath, everything is okay.
Looks like some minor nicks on the fin, w/ fungus attached. Clean water and a little time should heal it up.

Mariah234

Reaction score
It is not ick, if she/he had ick it would have white spots on it! I agree with A201, cleaning the tank can help alot, other then that just watch and see if any of the other fish pick on her!

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A201 said:
Take a deep breath, everything is okay.
Looks like some minor nicks on the fin, w/ fungus attached. Clean water and a little time should heal it up.
Thank you!!! I will do a water change asap. I have had problems in the past with her being aggressive towards my other fish, so maybe they decided to fight back. That is a huge relief!!

corydorable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mariah234 said:
It is not ick, if she/he had ick it would have white spots on it! I agree with A201, cleaning the tank can help alot, other then that just watch and see if any of the other fish pick on her!
I will do that. Thank you!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom