Is this ich?

sydrc

i noticed a white spot on my black moor, it went away so i thought some aquarium sand was stuck to him. but another one popped up and i see a raised bump where the white spot was. i saw him scratch on the sand at the bottom and have some twitchy movements. his behavior matches up with ich but because it’s only one spot i’d like a second opinion. there is a bump on either side of his body behind the gills, on his scales. the bumps aren’t discolored unless there is a white spot there. i filled out the emergency template to help. it might be worth noting the other problems in the tank, the ammonia is high (2.5, i’m doing daily water changes to lower it) and the oranda had a head injury that was growing white fuzz. his wen is healing nicely.

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 55 gal
How long has the tank been running? over a month
Does it have a filter? two fluval aqua clear hob
Does it have a heater? no
What is the water temperature? 75
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) black moor, oranda, mystery snail

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? been doing daily water changes to lower ammonia
How much of the water do you change? 40%
What do you use to treat your water? api stress coat+, api ammo lock
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? just the water and poop sitting on the surface of substrate

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? i thought i did but it wasn’t fully cycled and i’m having high ammonia
What do you use to test the water? api 5 in 1 strips and api ammonia strips
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 2.5
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 7

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? every morning
How much do you feed your fish? two pinches each
What brand of food do you feed your fish? hikari pellets, hikari algae wafers, repashy
Do you feed frozen? brine shrimp
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? no

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? black moor 2 years, oranda 1 month.
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 1 week ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? scratching and twitching fish, oranda is moving slowly and sits at surface at times, white spots one at a time come and go, raised bump in scales, one gill wasn’t moving on each fish
Have you started any treatment for the illness? i treated a final dose with kanaplex for my oranda’s fuzz that was growing on his injury.
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? the oranda had an open wound on his wen.
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? the oranda is less active, the black moor is scratching, twitching, and looks a bit pale

Attachments

• DF95682F-3369-48F8-8DE7-A7BF3741BBD6.jpeg
    DF95682F-3369-48F8-8DE7-A7BF3741BBD6.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 929A1A2A-3F3A-41F0-A44D-D02CA3F19BE1.jpeg
    929A1A2A-3F3A-41F0-A44D-D02CA3F19BE1.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 31F2E98C-FCF9-418D-92C7-E50F70E19230.jpeg
    31F2E98C-FCF9-418D-92C7-E50F70E19230.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 7A350A6A-DDF1-41A1-B555-750375483A39.jpeg
    7A350A6A-DDF1-41A1-B555-750375483A39.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 22

Stripedbass

I would start changing at least 50% that's really high ammonia. I would go to the store and get ICH-X and raise the temperature. Goldfish pretty commonly come with diseases. the fact that the spots keep coming and going sounds like some sort of parasite. Definitely take care of the ammonia that alone will kill them.

Upvote 0

Pachonfx

That does not look like fungus or ick. More like an internal decease that is going out through skin. I had something similar on my angels and that white dot ended up in big holes from hole in the head. I would use metro to treat parasites just in case

Upvote 0

sydrc

That does not look like fungus or ick. More like an internal decease that is going out through skin. I had something similar on my angels and that white dot ended up in big holes from hole in the head. I would use metro to treat parasites just in case
thank you for replying. you’re talking about metroplex right? i will treat them with that after i finish the salt bath. when i started adding salt i noticed the white spots go away

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Syamil
Replies
Views
sydrc
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
Replies