Is This Ich? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Krest, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Krest

KrestNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    upload_2019-8-20_22-48-21.

Just noticed these very tiny white dots on my Oscar. A few days ago one of my cories had bigger white dots so i treated the tank with an ich medication as well as turned up the heat and did a water change and substrate vac a few days go by and boom tiny white dots on my oscar. If this is ich how do i get rid of it for good?

2. Lucyn

LucynValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +165
    Experience:
    2 years
    Definitely looks like a case of Ich to me. A cycle of Cupramine and maybe Aquarium Salt if you have it on hand will certainly help, thorough gravel vacs with 50% water changes daily for two weeks. Once you increase the temperature, the Ich should start falling off within a few days, week at most depending on the temperature. That's when you want to treat it the most while it's in the water column. Make sure you have plenty of oxygen in your water as well so your fish don't suffocate due to the lower oxygen in the water because of the higher temps.

3. OP
    OP
    Krest

KrestNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    Thank you so much! I will try to find those tomorrow!

4. Lucyn

LucynValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +165
    Experience:
    2 years
    I noticed you have plants as well, so go light on the salt if you choose to use it, around 3 tablespoons per gallon. And no problem, glad to help :) Also, scaleless fish in the tank won't respond well to those salts as well.

5. OP
    OP
    Krest

KrestNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    Oh ok thank you! Just some cories and an oscar :)

6. Lucyn

LucynValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +165
    Experience:
    2 years
    Yeah those Cory's won't do well with Salt, so I'd just stick with the Cupramine, best of luck!