Is This Ich?!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by javis, Jun 14, 2018.

1. javis

javisValued MemberMember

So I've come back from a 3 day trip out of town to find these spots on some of my fish, including my Betta and rummny noses, but I can't get clear pictures of them, but here are my yellow rainbows. Should I start treating? If so, how? I've got them all in a 50 gallon and I do have a API Super Ick Cure bottle with me. Help is very much appreciated View attachment 447193IMG_20180614_132031.jpg

They're super fast, but I've tried getting some pictures of one of my rummy noses IMG_20180614_133507.jpgIMG_20180614_133627.jpgIMG_20180614_133634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
  2. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogTooWell Known MemberMember

Yes. That is ich.

Use that super ich cure you have. Follow the directions on the package for dosage.

Make sure you remove all carbon from your filter, because the carbon will remove meds from the water. You can put the carbon back when treatment concludes.

Normally I would advise people to try heat and salt first, but you already have the meds on hand. There's also a strain of ich going around right now that is resistant to heat.

3. OP
    OP
    javis

javisValued MemberMember

Thank you so much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice