Is This Ich?

403Error

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
6BE74EF7-037D-4D3D-81A5-543790C2E081.jpeg I’ve been keeping a close eye on her and for a long while and she’s had these while, silver flecks on each side of her face.
It looks kinda symmetrical but I’m worried it’s ich since everything keeps popping up as that.
I also read that you shouldn’t medicate your Betta unless absolutely necessary. So imma just kinda stuck
It’s also underneath the chin in a small dotted line.
Not sure if her gills are supposed to be red. But maybe that’s just the color?
It’s my first time actually trying to take care of a Betta cause the last time I had one I was 5.
I know almost nothing and little things that I can’t easily look up freak me out and so worried for the girl. Sorry :\

Attachments

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It doesn’t really look like ich to me. Ich spots are like a grain of salt. These look larger.

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I cannot tell from the pictures but I can certainly tell you that I have treated my bettas for ich and other things over the years.

I have used heat stress treatment, salt treatment, and malachite green, API General cure, erythromycin, triple sulfa, metro+,and BiFuran.

Probably something I'm forgetting as well.

In over 40 years I've only had a handful that did not survive such treatments, & in virtually every case the fish was already far gone.

Because when a betta goes downhill it can go downhill super fast.

I accidentally put so much malachite green on a betta that he was literally dyed green for a week. He survives to this day.

So this is all anecdotal evidence that proves nothing scientifically, so as they say your mileage may vary.

But I have found bettas to be very Hardy fish compared to many common aquarium fish their size.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom