Is This Ich?

Yasmeenlulu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey, I recently posted this exact thread to the "diseases" category, and got no answers. Maybe you guys can help me out.

I recently just started my removed
(click the bold letters)
You might have to zoom in to see it.
Also, I did a flash light check to see if its velvet, but it doesn't really look all that gold. It looks like an off white.
Right now I put her in a temporary 0.5 gallon tank just in case it is ich, I don't want it spreading to the other fish.

Is that ich? If so, how should I treat her? What medicine? Be specific as possible please!
Thanks!

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

If I'm looking at the photo correctly, are you referencing the tiny white dots on her head? If so, I will offer as much help as I can!

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it is ich I think your doing the right thing by putting her in a quarantine tank. It sort of does look like ich but I would wait and see before giving her treatment.

OP
Yasmeenlulu

Yasmeenlulu

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
KinsKicks said:
Hello!

If I'm looking at the photo correctly, are you referencing the tiny white dots on her head? If so, I will offer as much help as I can!
Yeah, I'm referring to those white dots on her head.

Discusluv said:
May be able to get at a lfs.
What do you mean..?

Discusluv said:
May be able to get at a lfs.
Oh silly me, I didn't notice your other comment above that one. Thanks!

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yasmeenlulu said:
Yeah, I'm referring to those white dots on her head.
Ok! It seems to possibly be the onset of ich, but in early stages. Treating with aquarium salt (.25 tsp) can help initially. Increase the temp and add aeration (less o2 at high temps). Keeping water clean is the key. If it gets really bad and you HAVE to pull out the guns (is, meds) there is a method floating around that is proving to actually cure ick. I've added the link . Keep updating!

New Threads