Is This Ich?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Yasmeenlulu, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Yasmeenlulu

Yasmeenlulu New Member Member

Hey, I recently posted this exact thread to the "diseases" category, and got no answers. Maybe you guys can help me out.

I recently just started my betta sorority, and I noticed that one of my females has some white spots. They aren't that noticeable unless you really look at her, heres a picture:

(click the bold letters)
    You might have to zoom in to see it.
    Also, I did a flash light check to see if its velvet, but it doesn't really look all that gold. It looks like an off white.
    Right now I put her in a temporary 0.5 gallon tank just in case it is ich, i don't want it spreading to the other fish.

Is that ich? If so, how should I treat her? What medicine? Be specific as possible please!
    Thanks!

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

If I'm looking at the photo correctly, are you referencing the tiny white dots on her head? If so, I will offer as much help as I can!

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

If it is ich I think your doing the right thing by putting her in a quarantine tank. It sort of does look like ich but I would wait and see before giving her treatment.

4. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    Yasmeenlulu

Yasmeenlulu New Member Member

Yeah, I'm referring to those white dots on her head. :)

What do you mean..?

Oh silly me, I didn't notice your other comment above that one. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  6. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Ok! It seems to possibly be the onset of ich, but in early stages. Treating with aquarium salt (.25 tsp) can help initially. Increase the temp and add aeration (less o2 at high temps). Keeping water clean is the key. If it gets really bad and you HAVE to pull out the guns (is, meds) there is a method floating around that is proving to actually cure ick. I've added the link :). Keep updating!

7. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

You may be able to get the Paraguard at your local fish store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice