Is this ich?

1. b

barbsandbicuspids New Member Member

Hi,

I recently noticed this white spot on the tail of one of my female cherry barbs. Can anyone tell me if this is ich? It does look like a grain of salt but I do not see it on any other fish.
    [​IMG]

2. musserump09

musserump09 Well Known Member Member

You dont see any other places?

3. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

I cant tell, one of my cherrys has this to but it hasn't expanded. its on his middle area (of his body) and he acts fine poops fine eats fine looks fine, so idk
    also I like your substrate

4. musserump09

Is your tank cycled? If it not cycle I would bet it to be ich. What are your water parameters?

5. OP
    OP
    b

It is cycled. I do not remember the exact parameters but I have been getting my water tested by my LFS and they told me it is cycled. Also the spot disappeared today which is strange.

6. musserump09

Whats the temperature in your tank? LPS will not give you an accurate reading if they used test strips. How long has your tank been up and running?

7. OP
    OP
    b

I have the temperature at 78 F and it has been running for about 2 months now

8. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

hmmm I don't think it was ich :p

9. musserump09

What other fish do you have in the tank? I think we can rule out the ich.

10. OP
    OP
    b

I have 8 tiger barbs, 3 cherry barbs, 3 odessa barbs, 1 rainbow shark, 1 blue gourami and a bristlenose pleco. The tank is a 60 gallon aquarium with dimensions of 48.5 in wide, 12.75 in deep and 25 in high.

11. musserump09

Do you have all male fish or a mix?

12. OP
    OP
    b

Its a mix. The gourami is male, for the odessas and cherry barbs I have one male and two females of each. The tiger barbs I am unsure of and the rainbow shark is a female.

13. musserump09

Is the one in question female or male?

14. OP
    OP
    b

Female

15. musserump09

I'm not an expert on breeding any kind of barbs. Maybe its a egg that didn't fall. Please don't quote me. Only shooting in the dark with this one.