Is this ich?

1. Poppn Initiate Member

Is this ich? This fish has a few white spots on its top fin and a few more on the other side. Another one had a white spot similar on her head but it's gone now a few hours later. Wondering if I should slowly up the heat to 86 and do the whole heat treatment to the tank and hopefully nip this early. It's a 16 gallon with only 5 Galaxy rasboras/CPDs in it.

Also my two females are kind of plump. Full of eggs?

[​IMG]

2. Airth Member Member

Looks like it could be ich, yes. I'd start with the heat treatment just to be on the safe side. It's possible that your females are full of eggs. Can you get a picture? =)

3. Poppn Initiate Member

I'll start the heat treatment tonight. I'm a bit worried since these are new fish to the tank.

Here is a picture of the two females, they have some slightly bloated bellies. They also happen to be the two with ich. They are very active, no signs of stress.

[​IMG]

4. Airth Member Member

I can't say for sure but it doesn't look like bloat or dropsy so my guess would indeed be eggs. =)

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

The first is a female to my believe. Can you place another pic of the one in front in the second pic ?