Is this ICH

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by amberl, Dec 22, 2012.

1. amberlValued MemberMember

I have sick silver dollars and two angles in my quarantine tank they look fuzzy hears a pic it's not really the salted look of ICH any ideas ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356210356.798080.jpg

2. MsheresyValued MemberMember

I think it looks like the beginning visible stage. Is it on more than one fish?

3. amberlValued MemberMember

It is on all the silver dollars and 2 angles where dead I have been out of town for 2 days and there where this way when I got home

4. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

Looks like ich to me

5. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to the forum. As the fish have a fuzzy appearance odds are it is not ich. As you've already stated, ich looks like salt.

If it is fuzzy, then it is most likely a bacterial infection. Can you get a picture that better shows the fuzzy patches? Might help to better diagnose.

Until you know if it is a true bacterial infection or not, do not raise the temps or start medications. Treating without knowing what is wrong can be even more detrimental to your fish.

6. grfresconeroValued MemberMember

i don`t know what you got in your tank as in deco.. silver$ need some driftwood or peat to relax them.Maybe it`s stress??