Is this ICH

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by amberl, Dec 22, 2012.

1. amberlValued MemberMember

I have sick silver dollars and two angles in my quarantine tank they look fuzzy hears a pic it's not really the salted look of ICH any ideas ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356210356.798080.jpg

2. Msheresy

MsheresyValued MemberMember

I think it looks like the beginning visible stage. Is it on more than one fish?

3. OP
    OP
    a

amberlValued MemberMember

It is on all the silver dollars and 2 angles where dead I have been out of town for 2 days and there where this way when I got home

4. cichlidman

cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

Looks like ich to me

5. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to the forum. As the fish have a fuzzy appearance odds are it is not ich. As you've already stated, ich looks like salt.

If it is fuzzy, then it is most likely a bacterial infection. Can you get a picture that better shows the fuzzy patches? Might help to better diagnose.

Until you know if it is a true bacterial infection or not, do not raise the temps or start medications. Treating without knowing what is wrong can be even more detrimental to your fish.

6. grfresconero

grfresconeroValued MemberMember

i don`t know what you got in your tank as in deco.. silver$ need some driftwood or peat to relax them.Maybe it`s stress??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice