Is this Ich or scars? Attempted Video.

Aristotle

Is this Ich or scars? Video up *

I have attempted at what feels like one hour to get a decent video uploaded, hopefully this will work for you guys. Thanks

NEW VIDEO its a bit clearer, you click the and it will play on photobucket, I have tried to embed the video and it won't.

The marks are in random places on different fish, the easiest of which to see is at the base of the dorsal fin ( on top of the body ) on the purple white tetra glowfish.

The reason I'm not convinced it's ich is because I can only see them when they reflect off the light such as a scale would. They weren't there before.[/URL]

Aquaphobia

I think it's physical damage. You can see where scales appear to be missing nearer the tail on that pink one. Is it prone to being chased or squeezing into tight spaces?

Aristotle

I think it's physical damage. You can see where scales appear to be missing nearer the tail on that pink one. Is it prone to being chased or squeezing into tight spaces?

Yes this is why I wasn't sure ( thank you for the response! ) I constantly see a couple of the other ones chasing the bigger purple tetra. I have them in a school of 6 in a 20 gallon.

The only thing I can think of is possibly cutting the long fake aquarium plants in half to give them more mid to top room. ( In the process of replacing them with real plants. )

I was worried they were being more aggressive than usual towards the purple because it was sick, but if I could fix it with something simple that would be nice.

Sometimes they do chase each other / fight but it seems the big purple really takes the brunt of it recently.

Aquaphobia

I would add more plants to break up the lines of sight and provide more hiding places. I wouldn't cut down the tall ones.

Aristotle

I would add more plants to break up the lines of sight and provide more hiding places. I wouldn't cut down the tall ones.

Alright, I left them intact. Thanks again, I will see what I can do.

Do you think adding more fish to the school would also help? I can't help but feel bad for the purple.
Fish.jpg

Image of tank

I apologize, but also feeding. I only feed one good meal a day, should I reduce and feed more often? Such as twice a day?

I'm just worried that could make the problem even worse.

Aquaphobia

If you have room then yes, add to the school. Not sure about the feeding.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
petaddiction
Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
Joshaeus
Replies
Views