Is This Ich Or Color Change?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have 13 green tiger barbs in my 29gal and it's been running great. I originally had 10 but decided to pick up a few more about a week ago. I noticed 2 out of the 3 had some missing scales but they looked fine other than that, no discoloration or strange behavior. They've all been eating great and schooling together. Today I noticed a white dot on Tony (The little rough guy with the most scars, scarface anyone?) I've heard the dots could be color morph but also could be ich. No other fish have spots. Ive attatched a photo of him, any help is appreciated!

Tank is 29gal high, heavily planted, 0/0/8 parameters, 78f

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I don't think it is ich, that'll be more around the body rather than fins.
When did you notice the white bump?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Just today after work, and yesterday it wasn't there. Could it just be a piece of pfs or something stuck in it?

And it's just the one spot on the bottom. The top is just a shimmer from his fin I think

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok so ive been observing for a bit. The one with the white spot and another of the original ones are occasionally rubbing on my driftwood and amazon sword. Ive heard this is an indication there could be some health issues going on. I have occasionally seen the rubbing, but it didn't seem something to worry about it at the time. This only started when I added the new ones, so I'm feeling suspicious of this little guy....o_O

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
where? on the analfin? that looks like the beginning of ich. The dull color above the green is likely from being bashed into something. and By the way, I would get a bigger tank. 20-30 tiger barbs in a 29 gallon isn't a good idea. Now it's perfect if you upgrade to a 55 gallon and add more.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
where? on the analfin? that looks like the beginning of ich. The dull color above the green is likely from being bashed into something. and By the way, I would get a bigger tank. 20-30 tiger barbs in a 29 gallon isn't a good idea. Now it's perfect if you upgrade to a 55 gallon and add more.
Where did the OP say he had 20-30 tiger barbs?

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Should I bring the temp up and try to fight it off before it gets bad? I heard mixing garlic with food helps too, just not sure how to do it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom