Is this Ich on my Platy?

1. Tigel Initiate Member

He has been sitting on the bottom of the tank and not eating for a 3-4 days, this is the first time ive seen these whitish spots. Is this ich?
    Should i use medication? I have other fish in this tank, and no available quarantine tank. The only thing i have on-hand is aquarium salt.
    My nitrates have been very high recently, and im doing daily water changes of 25%-35%.
    What should i do?
    Help pls!!! Capture3.PNG

2. Tigel Initiate Member

EDIT: Im taking action and assuming this is ICH, but just in case, i would like somebody to confirm for me please.

Raising the temperature at the moment, going to try to go for 86 or 87. Can a platy survive in temperatures of 88 or 89? I dont want to be rash and end up killing my fish. Ive also added some aquarium salt. I mixed 1 tbsp into 20 gallons. I hope this will also reduce stress, and help cure the ich.

3. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

I think it is Ich, but to be honest I think this platy is verrrrrrry sick (its gills are red) and doubt it will survive heathtreatment + salt. Personally I'd start treating with a med and leave the other treatments.

4. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Keep doing the water changes and bring the Nitrates to 20 or less ppm. The red gills are a telltale sign of high Nitrates. And yes, that could be Ich: it is kinda hard to see on a phone screen, but resembles Ich.

5. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Ich settles in the gill-tissue as well

6. Tigel Initiate Member

He didn't make it :/

7. Tigel Initiate Member

I think that's the natural color of gold twinbar plates isn't it?

8. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Awww sorry to hear. Think you're right about that, but the clamped fins aso weren't.