Is this Ich on my Platy?

1. Tigel

Tigel Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He has been sitting on the bottom of the tank and not eating for a 3-4 days, this is the first time ive seen these whitish spots. Is this ich?
    Should i use medication? I have other fish in this tank, and no available quarantine tank. The only thing i have on-hand is aquarium salt.
    My nitrates have been very high recently, and im doing daily water changes of 25%-35%.
    What should i do?
    Help pls!!! Capture3.PNG

2. OP
    OP
    Tigel

Tigel Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT: Im taking action and assuming this is ICH, but just in case, i would like somebody to confirm for me please.

Raising the temperature at the moment, going to try to go for 86 or 87. Can a platy survive in temperatures of 88 or 89? I dont want to be rash and end up killing my fish. Ive also added some aquarium salt. I mixed 1 tbsp into 20 gallons. I hope this will also reduce stress, and help cure the ich.

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +5,034
    I think it is Ich, but to be honest I think this platy is verrrrrrry sick (its gills are red) and doubt it will survive heathtreatment + salt. Personally I'd start treating with a med and leave the other treatments.

4. dcutl002

dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Keep doing the water changes and bring the Nitrates to 20 or less ppm. The red gills are a telltale sign of high Nitrates. And yes, that could be Ich: it is kinda hard to see on a phone screen, but resembles Ich.

5. DoubleDutch

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Ich settles in the gill-tissue as well

6. OP
    OP
    Tigel

Tigel Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He didn't make it :/

7. OP
    OP
    Tigel

Tigel Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's the natural color of gold twinbar plates isn't it?

8. DoubleDutch

Ratings:
    +5,034
    Awww sorry to hear. Think you're right about that, but the clamped fins aso weren't.