Is this heater broken????

Realfire734
so my 20 gallon aqueon heater the preset ones so the place where the light is has some stuff on it that looks kinda weird does anyone know what it is so where the light is located there is the dried out stuff that gets all over fish items when its dry my tank has been empty for a while also couldn't get a good picture the lighting everywhere messes up the important deatails

Betta'sAnonymous
Mineral build up. Haven't found that it has affected any of my heaters in a negative way.

Realfire734
thanks

Sofiafish17
Yeah, it’s minerals. When water evaporates from you tank, it leaves, but minerals don’t evaporate. Then it leaves the buildup from your water being hard. Water with too much mineral content isn’t safe for fish, so this is one of the reasons Water changes are important. If you just keep topping the water off, your minerals levels will just keep rising, so you need to remove some water to get some minerals out to prevent super hard water. I have heard others say that leaving a paper towel soaked with vinegar on top of the mineral deposits overnight helps them wipe right off. Just make sure no vinegar gets into the tank, and rinse the areas exposed before putting them back in the tank.

Realfire734
don't worry its empty there no fish but that is really helpful thanks

Sofiafish17
No problem

Top Bottom