Is this Guppy pregnant

Sarafike

I bought this guppies as a treat for my turtle and they've turned into friends. Recently I've noticed the stomach of one of them is larger than the others, and acts normal. I thought dropsy at first, but it's acting normal. I'm just curious. Sorry for the bad quality, they don't like me very much

babyfish

Guppy's are almost always pregnant, so yours is most likely pregnant!

Dropsy is usually laying on the bottom, and lethargy.

Sarafike

babyfish said:
Guppy's are almost always pregnant, so yours is most likely pregnant!

Dropsy is usually laying on the bottom, and lethargy.
Will there be any serious complications if she doesn't feel safe to give birth, considering she is in a tank with a turtle lol

babyfish

Sarafike said:
Will there be any serious complications if she doesn't feel safe to give birth, considering she is in a tank with a turtle lol
I think It will be OK.... she has places to hide right? And you said they're friends...

emeraldking

She seems pregnant (even from that distance in these pics).
Don't worry about the fry. They're faster than that turtle.

Hamoncan

Lol, we used to have the food becoming friends problem too when my daughter got a big Python for a pet. We were told she preferred live rats but she really wasn't very good at catching them, so we'd have to remove the rat and put it in a cage till next try. We had a few become pets before we switched to feeding her dead rats instead. Luckily (Imo, I didn't like them) their genetics were so bad they weren't very long lived - most feeders aren't.

Sarafike

babyfish said:
I think It will be OK.... she has places to hide right? And you said they're friends...
She has rocks to hide. Even though they're friends, my turtle is huge and she is scared lol
emeraldking said:
She seems pregnant (even from that distance in these pics).
Don't worry about the fry. They're faster than that turtle.
Thanks
Hamoncan said:
Lol, we used to have the food becoming friends problem too when my daughter got a big Python for a pet. We were told she preferred live rats but she really wasn't very good at catching them, so we'd have to remove the rat and put it in a cage till next try. We had a few become pets before we switched to feeding her dead rats instead. Luckily (Imo, I didn't like them) their genetics were so bad they weren't very long lived - most feeders aren't.
I used to have a rat that lived for 2 years. They usually become pets lol

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom