Is This Good Enough?

1. smedmonds Initiate Member

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

For low light plants, I would go with one of the latter two, or go with a DIY option (lights from a hardware store, much cheaper) because the tank is so tall. From what I've read, most of the Current lights aren't as good for plants. I have Finnex lights, and I love them!

3. smedmonds Initiate Member

I was originally leaning toward the Finnex. Maybe I will stick with it. Thanks.
  4. smedmonds Initiate Member

Whats really the difference in the 2 different Finnex?

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

The 24/7 has the program that mimics the light received throughout the day. The Planted Plus does not. The Planted Plus has the brighter intensity for the entire time it's on, while the 24/7 is only at its most intense for a few hours in the middle of the day.
  6. smedmonds Initiate Member

I personally like the idea of the 24/7. On many discussions I have read some people worry or have issues with algae. Some use timers. Would this be a concern for this tall tank or should I consider timer and how should I set the timer parameters? Thanks
  7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I don't think it will be as much of an issue in a tall tank such as this one. I'm not sure how the new 24/7 SE lights work with timers, sorry!

8. Fish-whisper Member Member

The 24/7 SE doesn't work with timers like the 24/7. The SE version will start at the time it was shut off were as the regular 24/7 starts the 24 hr cycle over from the beginning. I have both. The 24/7 SE would be best over the 24/7 for your tall tank and IMHO the 24 hr cycle on the SE version is fine, no need to shut off & on.
  9. smedmonds Initiate Member

Appreciate the feedback. Will probably get the SE version!