Is this fish TB?

Piscifors18

I am looking for more opinions. I've been told this could possibly be fish tb. I got this betta at my LFS as a baby, I have now had him for several months. He has always had trouble swimming, some kind of chronic swim bladder issue, and looked like this. No other problems though. I just thought it was a deformity he was born with until someone has told me they think it is tb.. I have lots of other fish and tanks, so I'm concerned. No one else has any symptoms. Anyone that can help me figure out what is very much appreciated. Tb vs a deformity have very different outcomes as far as solutions go so I'm in desperate need of advice.

Attachments

• 20210925_134307.jpg
    20210925_134307.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210925_133640.jpg
    20210925_133640.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210925_131916.jpg
    20210925_131916.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12

A201

A bent spine can be caused by several maladies, most of which are more likely than fish TB.
Intestinal parasites, viruses, or other bacterias, even Bloat, can cause a bent spine.
The prognosis probably isn't very good for the Betta, but the tankmates probably won't suffer the same fate.

Rose of Sharon

Hi, and welcome to Fishlore!

So sorry that you are having problems with your betta!

That looks more like a deformity to me. Unfortunatley, bettas do have genetic issues because they are so over-bred. Sadly, you may continue to have issues with your betta due to genetic issues.

TB is pretty bad, and though it progresses slowly, the fish will deteroriate drastically. I posted an article about it under the articles tab. Along with the article, I posted some pics of my betta who went through a series of issues leading up to what I strongly believe was fish tb. I did not spend money for a necropsy, since she was the only one in the small tank, but if you want to see those photos, here is a link to the article.

Wasting Disease/Fish TB

I hope this helps!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Tb disinfection
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies