Is This Fish Eggs?

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you also have snails in this tank? They look like snail eggs to me but could be cory eggs. It is really hard to tell but they look a bit too small to be cory eggs. Do they look like they are in a gel looking substance?

Sinkins

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have never seen corydoras' eggs, but they do look like snail eggs to me too...

OP
R

Rhobbs521

Reaction score
mattgirl said:
Do you also have snails in this tank? They look like snail eggs to me but could be cory eggs. It is really hard to tell but they look a bit too small to be cory eggs. Do they look like they are in a gel looking substance?
I do have a bunch of snails in the tank bladder nerite and trumpet. Looks a little like gel to me. My wife noticed them I thought they might be snail eggs but they definitely don’t look like nerite eggs

Guppygirl88

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
They're snails hon, most Cory's lay eggs on glass , these are probably eggs from the snails that were in the tank where you got your plants.

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Those based on your stock, those are bladder snail eggs. None of your fish lay eggs in a gel. MTS give live birth, and nerites also don't lay eggs in gel. The only other possibility would be ramshorn snail eggs, but since you don't have any that would be quite a feat lol. Pond/bladder snails usually lay eggs in gel at the base of a plant or rock, so this is an unusual location but obviously fine.

hanra85

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
fjh said:
Those based on your stock, those are bladder snail eggs. None of your fish lay eggs in a gel. MTS give live birth, and nerites also don't lay eggs in gel. The only other possibility would be ramshorn snail eggs, but since you don't have any that would be quite a feat lol. Pond/bladder snails usually lay eggs in gel at the base of a plant or rock, so this is an unusual location but obviously fine.
+1 to the bladder snails, you can actually see the culprit on the leaf above the eggs. Rhobbs, do yourself a favor and discard those eggs unless you want more snails lol.

OP
R

Rhobbs521

Reaction score
hanra85 said:
+1 to the bladder snails, you can actually see the culprit on the leaf above the eggs. Rhobbs, do yourself a favor and discard those eggs unless you want more snails lol.
I don’t mind the snails I have a tank of hungry pea puffers lol

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom