Is This Finrot?

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, so I have a male halfmoon betta in a heated and filtered 10 gal tank and he's been doing really well for the past year. This morning I noticed that he started to have black fins, so I identified this as fin rot, and I treated the tank with imagitarium bacteria and fungus relief. I came home after a mothers day trip too find him like this. Is this fin rot? From what I've seen fin rot eats up the bone and all, but it seems the bones are still there? Is this another disease I should be worried about? Sorry for the bad photo. You canon almost see the bones under the tail in the pic
IMG_20180513_201950.jpg
IMG_20180513_202024.jpg
IMG_20180513_202022.jpg

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Gypsy13 said:
Need some eyes on this Betta. Please. @Hunter1 @Jenoli42 y’all look at this Betta? Thank you.
the photos are dark and blurry... it looks suspiciously like fin rot with the shape of the fin but perhaps the OP can please get a photo with light directly on the fish? rather than the light being from the top? it's almost backlighting the fish sorry

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FishLoverEmma0 said:
Okay, so I have a male halfmoon betta in a heated and filtered 10 gal tank and he's been doing really well for the past year. This morning I noticed that he started to have black fins, so I identified this as fin rot, and I treated the tank with imagitarium bacteria and fungus relief. I came home after a mothers day trip too find him like this. Is this fin rot? From what I've seen fin rot eats up the bone and all, but it seems the bones are still there? Is this another disease I should be worried about? Sorry for the bad photo. You canon almost see the bones under the tail in the pic View attachment 438026View attachment 438027View attachment 438028
Can you get better pics? I know it’s a lighting issue. Light on the Betta would be helpful. Thanks.

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I woke up this morning to find that my baby died. I can try to take a picture with my Samsung camera (that was with my tablet) of his remains. It may have been that i removed the filter cartridge to treat the tank, and that probably made the water dirtier and let the disease spread round his body quicker. It just seemed so quick, he had a small black spot on the tip of his fins and when i came back from like 6 hours he had it all over the underside of his tail.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So sorry, just some info id say it may have been ripped fins and the meds may have been to stressful. PS bettas dont have bones in their fins. So sorry you lost him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom