Is this fin rot cured? Is he contagious?

Fishyfishyfishman

Sorry about the bad picture but I was wondering if he is contagious still he has been healing slowly for several weeks And doing great. I feel terrible because I‘ve had him in a one gallon And they need bigger tanks but haven’t been able to upgrade. I am watching for aggression and see very little if none so far. He had fin rot and I was wondering if it was safe to put him with other fish. Thanks Have a good night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 5

StarGirl

If his fin rot is better it is ok to move him. Just keep up on diligent water changes to keep it from coming back again.

Fishyfishyfishman

Okay I feel so bad he was in a one gallon my mom convinced me and he had a floating anubias and a cheap filter *sigh* I moved him and he is acting pretty good… no aggression so far. Have you ever kept a delta tail male with male endlers? He killed the shrimp I put in there once. But I think thats a bit differnet… Thanks for responding.

ForBettaorForWorse

it really depends on the betta. Some don't care at all about other fish and some will kill just about anything that so much as looks at them.
of topic, but I see you are a Qinter shipper:)

Fishyfishyfishman

YES I AM YES I AM YES I AM YES I AM. On a side note he seems to be doing fine. I guess if i wake up to a dead Endlers I was wrong… Oh well I don’t think so though. Lol petsmart doesnt. Know how to label fish hes a delta tail labeled as a halfmoon.
The near instant possibility of friendship wings of fire can offer… I looked for wings of fire threads but they were all out of date
Did you read WoF a while ago or just read the worlds best books even though they are techincally for younger kids?

ForBettaorForWorse

Ha, I have all the books, and was reading book ten a few minutes ago:) I am anxiously awaiting book 15 to see if my theories are correct and figure how tui plans to wrap the whole thing up. I named all of my gouramis after wof characters (Sky, Winter, Blue:))
Lol, I got a black orchid betta ($20 fish) that was mislabeled as a doubletail. Really benefited off of that mistake

Fishyfishyfishman

Ha lol they are the best books. I have listened to them as audio Books upwards of 12 times. I want to name my blue betta something but don’t know what.
I read on your account you want to work at Petco. may I ask why? To try to help the fish? Or do you get a discount.

ForBettaorForWorse

I have read all of them but Dragonslayer (That's on my to-read list) I think just about any SeaWing name would work for a blue betta:)
I want to work at Petco to be around so many different kind of fishes:) Helping them is a big thing, but there I can experience taking care of fish that I wouldn't be able to here, especially fish like Cichlids or saltwater fish.

Fishyfishyfishman

Oh that makes sense. Dragonslayer is really good. I wish the bettas were kept better. Oh on a sad note I think mine has dropsy. :( . On a funny note this is the only thread for the search “qinter”. Plenty of wings of fire but no qinter.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GuppyGal7
  • Question
5 Gallon Tank Fin rot?
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon