Is this filter too big?

Ilovefishkeeping

I am getting a 30 gallon aquarium. I am deciding to get a canister filter, but don't know which model.
Would the Fluval 207 be too much or should I stick with the Fluval 107

RandomFishBoi

207 is fine. You can never have too much filtration.

Ilovefishkeeping

RandomFishBoi said:
207 is fine. You can never have too much filtration.
thanks for that answer

LouPey

Out of interest how are you finding it? I have a 29 gallon and want to get the 107 model. I've always known Fluval to be decent. Are you generally happy with the filter?

AggressiveAquatics

LouPey said:
Out of interest how are you finding it? I have a 29 gallon and want to get the 107 model. I've always known Fluval to be decent. Are you generally happy with the filter?
I don’t have that specific model but I have the fx4 and fx6 and they both run amazing no noise at all.

00Classic

LouPey said:
I have a 107, 207, 307. I really like the 07 line. I run the 307 on a 29 and think it is perfect. The 207 I run on a 20 and it does a good job. I just prefer the larger filter capacity and flow of the 307 on the 29.

jake37

You must be deaf or cabinet sound proofed but the fx6 is loud as loud can be and anyone i've talked to has agreed. The motor just hums loudly. Never had the fx4 so won't comment there.

AggressiveAquatics said:
I don’t have that specific model but I have the fx4 and fx6 and they both run amazing no noise at all.

Dennis57

jake37 said:
You must be deaf or cabinet sound proofed but the fx6 is loud as loud can be and anyone i've talked to has agreed. The motor just hums loudly. Never had the fx4 so won't comment there.
I have the FX6, the Fluval 405 and a marineland 400 on my 125 that's in my office and I only hear the marineland wheels turning. Even the 2 girls in my office always say you sure the filters are on.

Also have the FX6 and other Fluvals in my house and never hear them

Dechi

Dennis57 said:
Also have the FX6 and other Fluvals in my house and never hear them
We all have different sensibility to sound. I have a Fluval 407, the most quiet canister filter I could find, but I still hear it very clearly. I’ve measured it and the noise level is 44 db when standing close to the cabinet and 52 db with the door open.

From 10 feet away, it’s 37 db.

So no, Fluval filters aren’t silent but they are more quiet than most canister filters.

jake37

I would argue that the eheim classic are very quiet. I have a pair of 2217 that sit outside the cabinet and they seem quieter to me. Of course they are a lot smaller than the fx6. Never used the 07 series so no comment compared to the eheim. I will state the eheim is very reliable but a pia to clean; one of the reasons i purchased the fx6. Also they were a bit under powered on the 120.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom