Is This Filter Effective Enough?

AquaticJ
That’s hard to answer without knowing the gallons per hour that it filters. What gallon/liter is that 378 L (100 gallons)?

ParrotCichlid
That’s hard to answer without knowing the gallons per hour that it filters. What gallon/liter is that 378 L (100 gallons)?

The problem is that the pump does not say the GPH or LPH. It just says MonsterShop 35watt 300 liter aquarium.

AquaticJ
Maybe try finding it online somewhere, that way I could help.

aussieJJDude
I found it on ebay... it says it has a capacity of 1800L/h... I personally would have around 3000l/H... but that's me.

A lot of ebay reviews have complained about the quality of the tank, in particular the filter and cabinet btw....

david1978
Heres my take on filtration. If you can hold 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and you feel its doing a good enough job sucking up particles out of the water its adequate.

Ulu
I've been chasing information on this setup for a little while because I was very interested in the above tank filter system.

If you read the reviews there are many problems with this tank including difficult access to the interior, non-standard light bulbs, no good access for the electrical wires, dripping lid wets tank easily when opened, sloppy silicone, cheap flimsy stand, etc.

ParrotCichlid
Think I'm just going to do what david1978 suggested and just monitor the water quality. I think that is the only way to tell if its really adequate for the tank specifications.

Ulu I can say that moalst of the reviews I find to be rubbish. The only thing I can agree on is the lid can be very awkward.

Interior is easily accessible (Some people obviously think a 30 inch tall tank doesn't need braces lol)

Plenty of room for electrocal wires, silicone is nice and neat and the stand is very strong. I didn't even install the back support on the stand and its been fine.

Ulu
There were a number of good reviews as well but they weren't very informative in general. I'll be very interested to see how you get along with this setup, as I've considered building something similar for quite some time and would certainly like to know all the pitfalls of such a system in advance.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Hehehehaw
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
StevieBubbles
  • Question
Replies