Is this enough lighting to sustain low-light plants?

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's a DIY project, its what he wrapped around the PVC pipe, is there a way to measure Volts to kelvin??

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have no idea, but this is what I use and my plants are growing very good:

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hmm, maybe someone else will chime in, I'm not good with DIY projects so I just buy the finished product lol.

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its a light diffuser I believe xD Used in aquarium for multiple things

This is another idea for cheaper lighting?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh wow neat... I just laid my rocks right on the glass in a sturdy position so they wouldnt fall. But the OP mentioned they would use it for the aquarium top. What purpose would that serve?

I would only use LEDs made specifically for aquariums... different light spectrum could cause all kinds of algae issues imo.

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Great, It seems these spotlights you just buy and hook up. I Just would have to find a way to hang them or something. Maybe set them on the egg crate, but not sure of that just yet, dont know how heavy they are and what it can support. (Probably have to find a way to hide it and make it look clean too, maybe DIY canopy??)

Looking at 2x for 40 gallon breeder for whoever knows about lighting xD

Last edited by a moderator:

KarenLM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Great, It seems these spotlights you just buy and hook up. I Just would have to find a way to hang them or something. Maybe set them on the egg crate, but not sure of that just yet, dont know how heavy they are and what it can support. (Probably have to find a way to hide it and make it look clean too, maybe DIY canopy??)

Looking at 2x for 40 gallon breeder for whoever knows about lighting xD
They are just under 2.5 lbs each.

Huskiesandfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah I found that shortly after, Just wonder how hot they get, a video said not very hot. but I dont want to chance it until I know from first hand experience either lol

KarenLM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
LED's are a lot cooler than other types of lighting - I can touch mine with my fingers right now and they have been on for 4 hours - they are barely warm!

Mine are LED strip lighting sold at LFS. I have 4 sets about 2' long each on my 55gal.

Jswin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I may buy that strip light and adhere it to the weak light that came with my fluval spec v tank for some extra boost. Maybe then my Berta won't be living in the shade.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom