Is this Danio pregnant?

1. recycletheduck Initiate Member

My aunt thinks her Danio might be pregnant, in the tank there are 4 goldfish, a loach anr a zebra danio, is it pregnant? Don't have any of the water information because it's not my tank but the temp is 24-25°c
    [​IMG]

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I don't believe that is pregnant(egg laden, they are egg layers, not livebearers), it looks severely bloated to me. Perhaps dropsy. What size tank is this? Goldfish are cold water while danios and loaches are tropical. The loach and danio also needs 5+. How long has it been like this, what are the parameters, is the tank cycled, how long have you had these fish?
    @Five97

3. recycletheduck Initiate Member

I honesty have no idea about the tank as it isn't my tank or my fish, it's quite a large tank, I'd say about 60l, it's been cycled for a while, they've had a few problems with white spot i think but I'm not 100% sure. I checked for dropsy but there was no pineconing, and i checked from all angles, she has a small lump underneath her tale, which i figured was a gravid

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

60l is way to small for the goldfish, but the small lump wouldn't be a gravid spot. Gravid spots are completely on the inside and are only dark, there's no lump. She/he is also an egg barer so they wouldn't have a gravid spot. Dropsy isn't just pineconing scales, before they start to pinecone they usually get bloated. I'm really unsure as to what this is, hopefully someone with more experience can come on and help. Sorry for not being much help and I hope she/he gets feeling better.