Help Is this crack a concern?

Joshdunn

Reaction score
Hey all im new here i bought a 29 gallon tank about a month ago and i just noticed today in the top corner there was what looks like a crack. It is a glass tank with black silicone and where the crack/scratch is there was also thin strings of the excess silicone that i could rub off. Would that cause it to leave marks on the glass? I can feel it from the outside but not inside. Would they have just rubbed silicone in it? Thanks in advance i just dont want to wake up to a room full of water.

The 3rd picture you can see where i rubbed off the silicone up to the rim as the crack goes from white to black

Attachments

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, I would recommend not using that tank. Between vibrations in your house and the pressure from the water it is a major liability. If and when it goes, it’ll inevitably be in the middle of the night or when no one is home.

OP
J

Joshdunn

Reaction score
Go figure. Thanks for the advice. Thats my only tank im going to have to figure out if they have warranty and how im going to do an exchange without killing all my fish :(

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Joshdunn said:
Go figure. Thanks for the advice. that's my only tank im going to have to figure out if they have warranty and how im going to do an exchange without killing all my fish :(
You can put the tank water in a plastic bucket/ storage bin (that's been washed out) and hook your filter up to it. Just put your fish in there and maybe a couple plants/ decorations for comfort and they should be okay. You may need to take some bungee cord and put it across the middle of the long side to avoid it from bowing and possibly spilling out water.

New Threads