Question Is this Cotton Wool Fungus?

owenhlewis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI guys,
Hoping someone can tell me what is wrong with my dwarf Gourami?

water parameters all good but just had a few bad days where all my neon tetras died, followed by a few bottom feeders (I suspect they nibbled the dead bodies).

Queen Elsa (daughters name for gourami) has white on its eye as well as fins and on the tip of those whiskers (no idea what that body part is called).
01D2261B-832D-4222-87C7-91037946657D.jpeg

D9804620-BF35-49FF-B6C7-23BB5D5F30CF.jpeg

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Does look like fungus to me . Whats the tank size and are there any other fish or inverts in the tank?

OP
owenhlewis

owenhlewis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Blueberrybetta said:
Does look like fungus to me . Whats the tank size and are there any other fish or inverts in the tank?
hey, thanks for helping out.

the tank is a 52ltr (around 14 gallons).

Currently there is 4 guppies, 3 platys and 1 bristlenose pleco also in the tank. All look quite happy and healthy.

In the last week I lost all my neon tetras (8 of them), starting with a single neon looking a little withdrawn and then before I knew it they were dropping like flies. The algae eater also went with them as I suspect he ate their dead bodies.

so at first I thought it might be Tetra Disease and even possible this dwarf GouramI also has a nibble and now the fungus is a secondary sickness?

I’ve just purchased Pimafix which is all natural and targets fungal infection so will do the 7 days of that followed by a water change (only just did a water change yesterday).

it’s a shame when the tank was all healthy (albeit overstocked) and water parameters were good, now it’s a war zone.

Attachments

OP
owenhlewis

owenhlewis

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Blueberrybetta said:
Does look like fungus to me . what's the tank size and are there any other fish or inverts in the tank?
I've purchased Pimafix and am now 3 days into treatment. The white has come off the fins etc but still a tiny bit on one eye, all in all though I think it's helping.

My only concern is with Pimafix as it seems the Dwarf GouramI is lethargic, gasping for air. Does Pimafix make them lethargic or impact the oxygen in a tank?

PenguinTetra38

Reaction score
Some medicines reduce the amount of oxygen in the tank. I think adding an airstone or increasing the amount of oxygen your airstone is producing might help with the gasping.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom