Is this cloudy eye

haws1290

Does anyone think this is cloudy eye. I'm not sure what the eyes look liked before. He seems a bit dopey and slow.

Attachments

• 20210928_143613.jpg
    20210928_143613.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210928_192529.jpg
    20210928_192529.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210928_192543.jpg
    20210928_192543.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 13

ChrissFishes01

Definitely looks like popeye/an eye infection to me. If those plants are live, I'd track down API Erythromycin and treat using that.

ValkyrieLips

I agree that it does look like cloudy eye/an eye infection. I don't have any experience with medications so I can't advise what to use to treat it. My go-to is usually salt but that might not be effective in this case. Cloudy eye is usually caused by poor water quality so I would suggest increasing WCs while treating and maintaining a solid WC schedule. Good luck!

haws1290

Definitely looks like popeye/an eye infection to me. If those plants are live, I'd track down API Erythromycin and treat using that.
I agree that it does look like cloudy eye/an eye infection. I don't have any experience with medications so I can't advise what to use to treat it. My go-to is usually salt but that might not be effective in this case. Cloudy eye is usually caused by poor water quality so I would suggest increasing WCs while treating and maintaining a solid WC schedule. Good luck!
Unfortunately I am in the UK and cannot get them as for some unknown reason they are illegal to purchase. Also my water quality according to my test strip is all on no ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, chlorine and ph is 7.2-7.6.

I have added Api Melafix and Pimafix hopefully this will solve it as it says it treats popeye

ValkyrieLips

Unfortunately I am in the UK and cannot get them as for some unknown reason they are illegal to purchase. Also my water quality according to my test strip is all on no ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, chlorine and ph is 7.2-7.6.

I have added Api Melafix and Pimafix hopefully this will solve it as it says it treats popeye

Test strips are highly inaccurate. How big is this tank, how many occupants, how often and how much water do you change? Also do you gravel vac? I would stop those meds since the main ingredient is tea tree oil which is pretty much useless. Try salt and 50% WCs every 2-3 days. The best medicine from my experience is clean water. Gravel vac any decomposing gunk and do large WCs frequently.

haws1290

Test strips are highly inaccurate. How big is this tank, how many occupants, how often and how much water do you change? Also do you gravel vac? I would stop those meds since the main ingredient is tea tree oil which is pretty much useless. Try salt and 50% WCs every 2-3 days. The best medicine from my experience is clean water. Gravel vac any decomposing gunk and do large WCs frequently.
OK thank you my friend I have about 15 fish in a 125L fuwel lido. I have put salt in the water and done quite a few water changes. Not 50 % normally about 30 do that ones a week and gravel vac and scrap the algae off the glass.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FleshmanBell
Replies
Views
Cue
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Popeye or Cloudy Eye?
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon