Is this Christmas moss beyond hope?

Leeman75

I bought some Christmas Moss about a month ago. I tried to attach it to a rock with a Rubber Band in an area where there was not a ton of light and it got to a bad place. It didn't totally die, there was enough green left on it that I thought I could maybe revive it. I couldn't really remove the dead without tearing it apart and taking some of the green with it. A couple of weeks later, I'm not sure that I've seen any change in it. Below are a couple of pictures.

20210508_155334.jpg
20210508_155338.jpg

Is there any hope of getting this plant to take? Anything that I can do to help it?

Pfrozen

Stick the clump somewhere with lower flow and it wont go anywhere. Let it grow before you try to tie it down. It will grow like a beast under the right lighting

Upvote 0

Leeman75

Stick the clump somewhere with lower flow and it wont go anywhere. Let it grow before you try to tie it down. It will grow like a beast under the right lighting

It's got two sponge filters in the back of the tank and they are in the front. I imagine there is no flow in the tank. I've got two LED lights lighting up the tank like crazy, so hopefully it works.

Upvote 0

Pfrozen

It's got two sponge filters in the back of the tank and they are in the front. I imagine there is no flow in the tank. I've got two LED lights lighting up the tank like crazy, so hopefully it works.

Could be that it just didn't like being tied down then, let it breathe a bit and see what happens

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

Hi Leeman75
Patience is hard to find, it’s often sold on the top shelf at the back of the store.
I see green on the moss. Only one small stem needs to grow and you will have a big clump in time?
It’s definitely not time to give up on that bunch. Yes you could carefully pull out some brown bits but personally I would leave it exactly as it is, undisturbed . After one month it’s probably just starting to get accustomed to it’s new location and water parameters.

Upvote 0

Leeman75

Patience is certainly hard sometimes! All other plants in that tank are going bananas with growth, so I'll wait more with new hope! Thanks y'all!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
flopperfrog
Replies
Views
blushrimp1
Replies
Views
Justmecb75