Is This Body Flukes?

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am currently treating the tank with prazi pro for other symptoms.
Is this body flukes on my male Molly?
I'm not noticing anything on any other fish. He has tiny dark specs and some of his orange scales seem ragged or missing on his side. I have pics of both of his sides.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
I am currently treating the tank with prazi pro for other symptoms.
Is this body flukes on my male Molly?
I'm not noticing anything on any other fish. He has tiny dark specs and some of his orange scales seem ragged or missing and his side. I have pics of both of his sides.
I think you forgot to post pics

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Body flukes would be my guess, but they should be taken care of by the PraziPro, but if I remember correctly from the bottle, some severe cases may take 2 treatments. The scales are probably missing from the fish scraping itself against objects because of the irritation.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Anyone have experience have a time line of how I will know if it's better or not?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You'll notice if they go away or not, that's how you know If the Prazi can kill them, his body will break them down. But black spot disease doesn't usually cause many issues, even if you can't get rid of it.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So the dots have not noticeable gotten worse but his scale loss has. Is that normal? When should I think about different treatment?
He acts fine and no one else seems to be effected. Still treating with prazi for now but I don't want to miss anything if he need other treatment. I tried to get a pic but he won't stay still. It's like the scale loss in the pic but double.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got a pic this morning? Anything I should be looking out for or doing different?
20180521_083929.jpg

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I couldn't find anything wrong other than a few scales missing. The fish may be irritated by something and losing a few scales because of scratching itself against things. Are you able to get a pic of it from a top view?
ASHLEY R COOK said:
I got a pic this morning? Anything I should be looking out for or doing different?View attachment 439915

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom