Is This Body Flukes?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by ASHLEY R COOK, May 16, 2018.

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOK Valued Member Member

I am currently treating the tank with prazi pro for other symptoms.
    Is this body flukes on my male Molly?
    I'm not noticing anything on any other fish. He has tiny dark specs and some of his orange scales seem ragged or missing on his side. I have pics of both of his sides.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. fjh

fjh Well Known Member Member

I think you forgot to post pics

3. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

Yes I did forget 20180516_174522.jpg 20180516_174334.jpg

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Body flukes would be my guess, but they should be taken care of by the PraziPro, but if I remember correctly from the bottle, some severe cases may take 2 treatments. The scales are probably missing from the fish scraping itself against objects because of the irritation.

5. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

Anyone have experience have a time line of how I will know if it's better or not?

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You'll notice if they go away or not, that's how you know :) If the Prazi can kill them, his body will break them down. But black spot disease doesn't usually cause many issues, even if you can't get rid of it.

7. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

So the dots have not noticeable gotten worse but his scale loss has. Is that normal? When should I think about different treatment?
    He acts fine and no one else seems to be effected. Still treating with prazi for now but I don't want to miss anything if he need other treatment. I tried to get a pic but he won't stay still. It's like the scale loss in the pic but double.

8. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

I got a pic this morning? Anything I should be looking out for or doing different? 20180521_083929.jpg

9. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

I couldn't find anything wrong other than a few scales missing. The fish may be irritated by something and losing a few scales because of scratching itself against things. Are you able to get a pic of it from a top view?

10. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Doesn't look bad to me either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice