Is This Behaviour Normal For Corys

PlantedCommunityTank132

Is this behaviour normal for Sterbai Corydoras?

My two Sterbai Corys are behaving in a weird way. I never saw them do this before, and it started two days ago. They are following each other all the time and swim up and down the tank. Is this a breeding behaviour? Should I be worried? Are they even fully grown yet?
Any help would be nice

Hellfishguy

Looks like 2 females.

PlantedCommunityTank132

Okay. Thanks for the info
Why didn’t they do this before tho

PlantedCommunityTank132

i was cleaning the tank very thoroughly a week ago

mattgirl

This looks to be normal breeding behavior. I have lots of corys, both male and female, so see this almost constantly in my tank.

PlantedCommunityTank132

This looks to be normal breeding behavior. I have lots of corys, both male and female, so see this almost constantly in my tank.
do you think those are male and female, or 2 males or 2 females

mattgirl

do you think those are male and female, or 2 males or 2 females
I don't know. Normally males are smaller than females but I can't tell size from the pictures. If your tank is big enough to handle a higher bio-load I would add a few more Sterbai's. Unlike some folks I don't think they HAVE to have more friends but when it comes to corys the more the better :D

PlantedCommunityTank132

Ok. At the time I bought them they were cheap and I thought I would find more soon. But I tried getting more for a very long time and didn't find them anywhere. Do you think fish stores would buy baby Sterbais?
Thanks

mattgirl

Ok. At the time I bought them they were cheap and I thought I would find more soon. But I tried getting more for a very long time and didn't find them anywhere. Do you think fish stores would buy baby Sterbais?
Thanks
Hard to say. You would just have to talk to your local store. If you have both a male and a female some eggs may hatch if your other fish don't eat all of them right away. that is the easiest way to add friends.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DaleM
Replies
Views
Lionsrour
Replies
Views
FunnyFish
  • Question
Replies