Is This Bad Type Of Algae?

Miahii

I picked up a NanoCube 28 for free last Friday with stand, supplies and water/creatures that had been running for a year so I figured I couldn't go wrong. There's some hermit crabs, snails, an anemone and a sea urchin. I tested the salinity and used my Nutrafin Saltwater/Freshwater test kit. All the tests came up being ideal fo
r a saltwater tank! I'm unsure about what this green algae is and if it is either good or bad for the tank . Any help would be aopreciated, thank you!

Rojer Ramjet

Looks like a gracileria or ogo species - hard to tell.

Most of us try to keep any macroalgae out of the display - better in a sump.

There are some beautiful ornamental macros, such as blue hypnea, dragons tongue, etc - but this ain't one of the pretty ones.

Keep it, lose it; really too small an amount to make much of a difference to the water chemistry, however, pods tend to like living in it.

Miahii

Rojer Ramjet said:
Looks like a gracileria or ogo species - hard to tell.

Most of us try to keep any macroalgae out of the display - better in a sump.

There are some beautiful ornamental macros, such as blue hypnea, dragons tongue, etc - but this ain't one of the pretty ones.

Keep it, lose it; really too small an amount to make much of a difference to the water chemistry, however, pods tend to like living in it.
Thank you for getting back to me. I will try to get that stuff out of the tank tonight. If it's not beneficial then I don't need it. Also thanks for the comment on my profile! I also have a 70 Kaiser J2000 Gladiator, I use to have a 96 XJ sport and wheeled it stock. The CJ7 in the pic is an 84 Laredo, with Auto columnshift, working A/C on 4inch lift with 35s. I'm going to do a test to it within a year. I have 5 vehicles currently along with my 88 Cadillac brougham, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 1978 Chevy K10 stepside (bolt for bolt resto)

Rojer Ramjet

I'm heading up to the Rubicon this afternoon; have a house on the exit side near Mosquito road and Wentworth Springs.

If you've never run the Rubicon, I highly recommend it.

I'm almost finished installing power steering and the tilt bed for my cut-down 1968 Unimog 6x6; dang thing has been sitting for 6 years while I collected parts.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom