Is this an Otocinclus?

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello,

I was sold this fish under the assumption that it was an otocinclus catfish. I bought 6 in total the other 5 looked like normal oto cats this one looks different. Is this and Oto cat? If not what is it?
20200707_182144.jpg
20200707_181834.jpg
20200707_181828.jpg

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FinalFins said:
Not an oto. Otos have a black stripe with a tan/brown top and a white bottom that contrasts. That appears to be a Chinese algae eater. If it is it will get big and mean, eats other fish and gets to about a foot.
Great now I have to find a place that will take this thing off my hands. Thanks for the reply

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would take it back to where you got it. They should have to take it back because its not a otto cat.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
StarGirl said:
I would take it back to where you got it. They should have to take it back because its not a otto cat.
Unfortunately I don't think they will since I didn't notice it till after the others died and it has been over a month now.

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lc1958 said:
I ordered 6 ottos from a vendor one turned out to be a dwarf cory!
Opposite happened to someone in another forum lately, was sold dwarf cories and turned out to be Otos.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FinalFins said:
wrong thread
Actually no I didn't know if it was an Oto cat or not since it was sold to me with a bunch of Otos. Before you go trying to be Mr. Know it all check the entire post.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BigB322 said:
Actually no I didn't know if it was an Oto cat or not since it was sold to me with a bunch of Otos. Before you go trying to be Mr. Know it all check the entire post.
He said it was a mistake. He meant to post it in another thread. Happens all the time :).

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cheesecake said:
He said it was a mistake. He meant to post it in another thread. Happens all the time :).
Where did he say that? He replied to my post telling me it wasn't an oto then posted wrong thread later.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BigB322 said:
Where did he say that? He replied to my post telling me it wasn't an oto then posted wrong thread later.
Yeah...he told you the wrong info, then posted "wrong thread" because he meant to post the info he gave you somewhere else.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BigB322 said:
You can't delete a post once its made. He wrote something for another post accidentally in this one. Thats why he said wrong post. We were answering several at the same time. Got confused.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I had a quote in queue for quoting and I was deleting some tabs and I accidentally posted onto this thread, I didn't realize it until a minute later so I edited it out and posted 'wrong thread', to not confuse anybody. Simple misunderstaning.

OP
BigB322

BigB322

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FinalFins said:
I had a quote in queue for quoting and I was deleting some tabs and I accidentally posted onto this thread, I didn't realize it until a minute later so I edited it out and posted 'wrong thread', to not confuse anybody. Simple misunderstaning.
Oh, my bad I thought you where bashing my post Sorry.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom