Is this an American Flagfish?

1. M

Marinedude17422 New Member Member

image.jpg image.jpg Can anyone help me identify this fish?? Was given them and can't figure out what the cuties are. In a 5.5g with Java moss, cholla wood, a 10g filter and it'll be heated in around 2 days. Could add to my 29g dual-filtered, heated, and planted community tank with tetras, danios, a rainbow shark and gourami, and 2 SAE's, ottos, and glass Catfish

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, it is a flag fish.

3. OP
    OP
    M

Marinedude17422 New Member Member

Any tips on care?

4. Anders247

They can survive in a wide range of temps, I have read that they are less aggressive at lower temps though. Males are more territorial than females.

5. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

IMO, I would not put them in the 29g because it is overstocked as is. However the current tank is too small for them. So if you have no other option to house them and cant afford/dont want another tank, then I would look at rehoming them to someone who has a 20g + that they could go in and it isn't overstocked. Again, this is my opinion, for whatever its worth.

6. Anders247

I would move them to a 10g minimum, I think that's what their min is anyways.... that's what I've read and heard on forums.

7. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

Okay, I forgot they only get 2 inches. I was thinking 4 inches for some reason. But we both agree that a 5.5g is too small.

8. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

That. 29 sounds overstockedalready.

9. Anders247

I agree.