Is this an amano shrimp?

AggressiveAquatics

Just want to double check this shrimp I just got is an amano shrimp. The person at the lfs said they were out and I pointed out this one that was way bigger than all the other cherries and she said “eh maybe I’ll give you a discount because I don’t know”. I hope it is because I’ve been needing one for my hair algae problem

B9AA1C89-9B96-4565-AF05-03BE7B668BCA.jpeg

39C31F6C-BB77-4A17-BDBE-7282174A845A.jpeg

Omegaman69

Looks like one as far as I can tell. Most likely if it was bigger then the cherries that's a good indication. They usually have little dots of color on the sides that I dont see but it might just be the angle

bettalover101

jkkgron2

This one is tricky. It’s either an Amano or bamboo shrimp, and it’s hard to tell which. I’m guessing it’s an Amano because it’s body is more transparent.

StarGirl

FishSupreme

I'm almost 100% sure it's an amano shrimp. Bamboo shrimp have their unique fan arms and your shrimp doesn't seem to have them.

AggressiveAquatics

Thanks guys. I’ve had baby bamboo shrimp before and they didn’t really look like this so I think it is an amano.
And I’ve seen him eating algae already and he has little hands

Galactica555

AggressiveAquatics said:
Just want to double check this shrimp I just got is an amano shrimp. The person at the lfs said they were out and I pointed out this one that was way bigger than all the other cherries and she said “eh maybe I’ll give you a discount because I don’t know”. I hope it is because I’ve been needing one for my hair algae problem

B9AA1C89-9B96-4565-AF05-03BE7B668BCA.jpeg

39C31F6C-BB77-4A17-BDBE-7282174A845A.jpeg
I thought it was a bamboo for a second,looked at the size of substrate. Looks like an amano to me!

Latest threads

Top Bottom