Is This An Amano Shrimp?

• Thread starter fishrlene
  • Start date

fishrlene

Hello, a few weeks ago I got 3 Amano Shrimps for my tank. This one looks different than the other two. Now I’m not sure if it is an Amano Shrimp. It’s more clear than the other two. Can you please confirm if it is in fact an Amano? TIA! exif_temp_image.jpgexif_temp_image.jpg

Bruce Barrera

fishrlene said:
Hello, a few weeks ago I got 3 Amano Shrimps for my tank. This one looks different than the other two. Now I’m not sure if it is an Amano Shrimp. It’s more clear than the other two. Can you please confirm if it is in fact an Amano? TIA! exif_temp_image.jpgexif_temp_image.jpg
Doesn't look like one.

midna

Well Known
this guy confuses me. he is very pretty. I was going to say an indian whisker shrimp, but his eyes are wrong. the eyes look caridina. i've never seen an amano with stripes. maybe a tiger caridina?? richie.p may be able to id.

Sheldon13

Well Known
Can you get a side pic?

pongoandfriends22

this is definitely not an amano shrimp compared to ones I've seen. He really does have me stuck! I don't really know what this guy is, he looks like a possible mutt.

midna

Well Known

richiep

Fishlore VIP
That looks like an orange eye tiger caridina

fishrlene

Sorry for the late reply. Finally got a side photo of him. He definitely doesn’t look like an Amano. exif_temp_image.jpg

tjander

Well Known
I am leaning toward a whisker shrimp can you tell if he has pinchers? Whisker shrimp are cool but they are a murdering lot. I had two and they killed a school of guppies in short order. Definitely require a species only tank.

fishrlene

So I finally got a good pic of him! I think he may be closer to a tiger shrimp? But he’s got sort of a blue tint to him. IMG_8842.JPG

richiep

Fishlore VIP
That's a low grade blue tiger with orange eyes

Top Bottom