Is this amazon sword healthy?

KatHasAFish

Hey!! I have an Amazon Sword that was in the tank I just took apart. I temporarily wrapped it in a wet paper towel and in a ziplock bag (I know it won't last very long in there though). The Sword hasn't been doing the best which is why I'm wondering if I should bother keeping it or if I should just get rid of it. The ends of some of it's leaves are a little brown and kind of see-through and when I was gently rubbing the algae off of it, I found those parts of the leaves ripped very easily. Mainly though, the bottom of the plant seems quite mushy... Is this normal? I'll attach a picture of it if that helps. Some of the roots, however, are very healthy whilst others are a little brown and mushy like the bottom of the plant (most of those just fell off though). The healthy roots are long, and white in color. I measured one of the roots at 12 inches and 2 others at 8 inches. The others are much shorter.

Pwilly07

It will be fine if you replant it and give it some fertilizers. A root tab underneath it would really help it recover.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Rosethebunny
Replies