Is this Alternanthera reineckii (roseafolia)?

KSo

Got a decent bunch of stems of this plant at my LFS just about a week ago. I know that the red/purple color is going to shed off quickly due to my low tech set up and lighting, but it is showing some pretty impressive denser green growth at the tops which is all new. Some of the stems are doing better than others but all are showing growth without ferts aside from the Floramax substrate.
Aside from the name, I also just want to make sure I understand the care as well. Since it’s showing some leaf melt near the base of the root, I’m assuming it was first started out of water and I need to cut back the stem. I just want to make sure I’m not destroying the plant in the process. So if what I’ve gathered online is right... I can cut the stem just under where the healthier leaves are and replant that newly cut stem? Do I leave the already rooted one in so it can sprout more from the top? Sorry for all the questions all the time. I just don’t want to kill any of the plants or harm the fish
The second photo is showing the two stems that aren’t doing as great, but they were rough from the start. Also showing top growth.
Heres a shot of the plant in question:
AAD415A9-DD4C-47FC-8C7A-8A9828E6F44F.jpeg
3B2311BD-1962-40EE-ACF7-8733D8B13CB6.jpeg

Chanyi

limnophila hippuridoides

KSo

limnophila hippuridoides
Wow I was way off lol, and now that I’m seeing the images for this plant, I got some work to do on these wimpy stems but happy to see that the new growth is filling in well and more like the google photos - Thank you Chanyi!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Houseofchaos
  • Question
Replies
Views
Freshfishguy
  • Question
Replies
Views
King o´ Angelfish