Is This Actually Ich ??????

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by toFeedornottoFeed, Apr 22, 2017.

1. toFeedornottoFeed

toFeedornottoFeedNew MemberMember

My neon tetras have got white spots like the ones in this video

It looks different than the ick that I experienced before so I am not sure whether that is actually ick or not.

I have been treating my neons with seachem paraguard for almost 2 weeks at 80F with not luck. Wondering whether it is ich or something else???

Any help would be appreciated !!!!

2. dcutl002

dcutl002Well Known MemberMember

3. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

Is this video of your fish? If it's not I wouldn't feel comfortable saying whether or not your fish have anything.

It will look like someone salted your fish. With little white crystal shaped spots on their skin.

Can you take a picture of your fish? What are your tank parameters? How long have you had your fish? Ich won't be cured with a temp of 80. The magic temp is 86-88, but not all fish can tolerate that.

Pretty sure the video isn't of the fish in question. Unless I misunderstood this completely..

4. dcutl002

Right. OP stated his fish had symptoms like the fish in the video.

5. OP
    OP
    toFeedornottoFeed

toFeedornottoFeedNew MemberMember

Sorry for that my confusing explanation. To answer your question, the video if not from my fish. But my neons has almost identical syndrome like the ones in the video. A few really bright spots on the fins and tails.

This morning I found that the white spots seem to be gone. They come and go though.

The tank parameters are: ammonia:0 nitrite:0 nitrate < 20, PH7.4-7.6, temperature is about 79-80F.

I had those neons for 3-4 months. I believe the ich was coming from the new fish that I added to the tank.
    And I started seeing white spots 2 weeks ago and they have been in quarantine ever since.

6. dcutl002

Yep, that is ICh...it'll get worse before it gets better. Follow directions in link above and run tank at 86F for 2 weeks. Aerate, vacuum substrate,etc..

7. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

If it is ich, increase the temp, add an airstone, and just watch them carefully. Next time quarantine the new fish for 3-4 weeks see if that helps from bringing ich to your tank. I just set up my QT in prep for fish buying on Tuesday. So exciting. Hope your fish are better soon.