Is this a semi-aquatic plant?

Chiasmodon

What is this plant and is it semi aquatic?

I always came across this plants after rainy seasons. I assume that they were carried away by the strong water current.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_005120.jpg
    IMG_20220121_005120.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 36

Ginger2209

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing where you're from (climate and such) but it almost looks like a ditch vine, but I could easily be wrong. Im from Southern Louisiana (Semi-tropical) and thats what my family has always called them

Chiasmodon

It's a bit hard to tell without knowing where you're from (climate and such) but it almost looks like a ditch vine, but I could easily be wrong. Im from Southern Louisiana (Semi-tropical) and thats what my family has always called them
Im from the philippines and this country is uh let's say warm. I cannot find ditch vine images from Google, can you provide 1?

Ginger2209

Im from the philippines and this country is uh let's say warm. I cannot find ditch vine images from Google, can you provide 1?
Alright update. I got curious and started digging, and the closest thing I got was a "Wandering Jew" (didnt think this was it). I looked up the family of plants its from, added your location, and this is what I've found. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 16427777149892803789933400188204.jpg
    16427777149892803789933400188204.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 12

Chiasmodon

Alright update. I got curious and started digging, and the closest thing I got was a "Wandering Jew" (didnt think this was it). I looked up the family of plants its from, added your location, and this is what I've found. Thoughts?
I have wandering jew here and I can confirm that they are not alike that's because the wandering jew I have is violet not green. The plant I have is very fragile. Its almost resembles an anubias. But the plant in this pic.. It does almost resembles the plant I have.. However its shorter. Can you describe how fragile the stem of the plant in this picture you provided?

Ginger2209

I have wandering jew here and I can confirm that they are not alike. The plant I have is very fragile. Its almost resembles an anubias.
Shown above isnt a wandering jew, BUT it's related. Look up a Rhopalephora Scaberrima, and I'll look up different types of anubis real quick.

Chiasmodon

Shown above isnt a wandering jew, BUT it's related. Look up a Rhopalephora Scaberrima, and I'll look up different types of anubis real quick.
Rhopalephora Scaberrima don't have soft, longer, leaves and it's stem doesn't look fragile and its thinner compared to what I have.

Ginger2209

Rhopalephora Scaberrima don't have soft, longer, leaves and it's stem doesn't look fragile and its thinner compared to what I have.
It may be a really young anubias, but Im not versed enough to tell the difference. Ive been googling all morning, and I think thats as far as I got. Im sorry I couldn't help more!

Cue

It almost looks like a type of bamboo? Maybe a shot of the full thing could help…

Chiasmodon

It may be a really young anubias, but Im not versed enough to tell the difference. Ive been googling all morning, and I think thats as far as I got. Im sorry I couldn't help more!
Oh no its fine. I think your help might give me a clue. Also now I think it's not an anubias because of the texture and leaf characteristics but it does somehow resembles plants belongs to araceae family. Ty for your concern because again it might give me some clues.
It almost looks like a type of bamboo? Maybe a shot of the full thing could help…
Unlikely, its roots are very fragile as its stems.

Chiasmodon

Ginger2209 . I have an update. The plant is called pickerelweed. It's a semi aquatic pond flowering plant.

Ginger2209

Ginger2209 . I have an update. The plant is called pickerelweed. It's a semi aquatic pond flowering plant.
Hey, thats great! I can see the similarities, though I cant really judge texture and such. It looks pretty when matured too! I'm glad you figured it out dude.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Girlygreen
Replies
Views
MD_Plants
Replies
Views
Frisbee
Replies
Views