Is this a Pregnant molly?

swayamsd

Hey guys I bought some mollies about a week ago. One female seems to be pregnantm I can't really tell if she is pregnant. So pls tell, is she pregnent?
She is not swimming fast. Not very active, sometimes still near articual plants. She is in a 15 gal tank with other 3 mollies, and some barbs. If she is pregnant, when shpuld I expect the fry? Should I put her in a breeding box? If so, when? Pls help me. Thank u

Sorry left the pics of her.
And she is eating good.

SnarkyXTS

She looks clamped, can't really tell if she's even a she because she's clamped. I don't think she's pregnant but if she is, it'll be awhile I think.
Is your tank cycled? Water parameters? Is water hard because mollies like hard water? 15 gal is too small for 4 mollies and I'm sure others will chime in about that.

swayamsd

She looks clamped, can't really tell if she's even a she because she's clamped. I don't think she's pregnant but if she is, it'll be awhile I think.
Is your tank cycled? Water parameters? Is water hard because mollies like hard water? 15 gal is too small for 4 mollies and I'm sure others will chime in about that.
My water parameters are good. Amoonia 0, nitrite 0, natrates around 15.

Any others replies?

TexasDomer

She might be pregnant, but she's not close to giving birth yet.

Your tank is too small for any molly, let alone that many with possible fry. Do you have a larger tank you can move them to? If not, you should rehome them.

swayamsd

Yeah I have a many 33g tanks.
They are stock now.

TexasDomer

Yeah I have a many 33g tanks.
They are stock now.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. You have multiple 33 gal tanks for them?

swayamsd

I mean I have a couple 33 gallon tank for the fry. But now its stocked so cannot put her in any one now.

swayamsd

Should I add salt? If yes how much? I know a lot of people add salt to their tank to keep their mollies healthy and to boost breeding.

mxnewss

Here is a picture of my Molly when she was pregnant so I'm not sure if yours is but she might be but it might just be early days of it.

Pregnant:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455689616.146492.jpg

Now:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455689762.846525.jpg

Some of her 7 Fry:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455689840.097856.jpg

So if she is pregnant, goodluck with your fry! Hope this helped.

chellsxxx

HI I think my black molly may be pregnant she has a white spot near her final and seems a little boxed off.. how do I post pictures?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JtheFishMan
Replies
Views
LeafY4life77
  • Question
Replies
Views
Moistpotato101
  • swayamsd