Is this a parasite? sick apistogram cacatuoides.

kansas

I posted about my apisto last week. I'm reposting it because things have gotten worse. I'm going to link to that thread instead of re-entering the info here as I hope it will be clearer.

Lethargic apistograma cacatuoides | Apistogramma Cichlid Forum | 516372

Since I posted this, the sick fish has continued to be lethargic, and is losing weight.

In this thread, I talk about two tanks and two apistos, one sick and one healthy. Yesterday I moved the sick apisto to the 15 gallon tank and the healthy one to the 55.

I just noticed feces hanging out of the sick fish, about 1/4 inch. It's fins are clamped, it's colors is pale, and it ate but only a small amount of brine shrimp.

Nothing has changed since I got these fish - no new food, no new tankmates. The other fish - the healthy apisto, one angelfish and 6 honey gourami in the 55 gallon tank - are doing well, with no change in behavior.

Any advice? Any idea why this happened now when nothing has changed?

Attachments

• apisto 1.jpg
    apisto 1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 10
  • apisto 2.jpg
    apisto 2.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 10

Rye3434

It's possible it has had internal parasites and they just took a while to manifest. It's worth a try to deworm imo

kansas

It's possible it has had internal parasites and they just took a while to manifest. It's worth a try to deworm imo
Any meds you'd suggest? Is it likely my other fish have it?

Rye3434

Fritz Paracleanse is what I've used (which uses praziquentanel and metronoidazole as active ingredients, I probably have spelled those wrong), I think it's doubtful that the others would have it, I believe they would only get it from eating the feces but I am not sure

kansas

Fritz Paracleanse is what I've used (which uses praziquentanel and metronoidazole as active ingredients, I probably have spelled those wrong), I think it's doubtful that the others would have it, I believe they would only get it from eating the feces but I am not sure
Thank for the tip. I'll treat the sick fish in the small tank and keep an eye on the other fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JoeyFreshwater91
Replies
Views
kansas
Replies
Views
jake37
Replies
Views