Is This A Pair?? :)

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just got two blue Rams and I'm hoping I got a pair. I'm pretty sure I did, but would like a second option

There were 6 Rams at the store, they were all paired up with one large and one small. If any of them went near another group they'd fight a bit

So I got one of the pairs from the store, the smaller one has an egg spot, so that's the female I guess. And the large one doesn't have an egg spot, and has the extended dorsal fin in the front and extended pelvic fins, so that should be the male

I've had them in the tank for all of 20 minutes, but so far there's no fighting and they're swimming around together... "Fighting" off the pleco together lol

Thanks for your input!!
IMG_20190827_235227.jpg
IMG_20190828_000654.jpg
IMG_20190828_000751.jpg

DecoyCat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello, I cant answer your question but just wanted to say those are nice looking rams, love rams, they are so pretty. I hope you have a pair

GlennO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd say yes it's a pair. I'm not a Ram expert but I did keep a pair (confirmed since they produced fry) for a couple of years and they looked exactly like yours, the smaller one with the reddish belly being the female.

Kysarkel000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello, I cant answer your question but just wanted to say those are nice looking rams, love rams, they are so pretty. I hope you have a pair
Thank you!!

I had to get them when I saw them! I've been wanting a pair of centerpiece fish for my tank (was thinking of getting gouramis) and these showed up at the pet store while i was getting crickets for my other critters lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom