Is This A Mollie? Yes .what Do I Do Now?!

ChuthuluFish

My mom drove me to the nearest lfs To get some platys. Bought 2 females. When I was there I was told that the fish I picked was indeed a Platy and was a little unsure. But I trusted the salesperson because it was a high reputation store, or so I had been told. Is this a Mollie?

And is this other fish suffering from ammonia. When I got hire she had pink gills And was swing now she rests on leaves and rocks.
sorry for the photo bombing tetras
Could it be stress .
Ammonia. Poor quality? from the store. I know its not my tank. I did large wAter changes before I got the new fish and gravel backed several times

coralbandit

Looks like platy or swordtail IMO.
Water changes should help if it was ammonia .
Keep your eye on its gills and look into gill issues like flukes and such .
Here is a gill orientated link; Gill Disorders

Thunder_o_b

I am thinking the first one is a female swordtail and the second one is a platy.

ChuthuluFish

Thank you coral bandit I know its ammonia now. Also will I have to upgrade from my 20 gallon tall . I'm 95% sure its a sword tail and I know those get big. Like 5 inches. I have a huge tank in storage. So if I have to upgrade its fine. But...

...I can only have one show tank and one quarintine tank. Would theswordtail eat my black neon tetras eventualy!

Thunder_o_b

ChuthuluFish said:
Thank you coral bandit I know its ammonia now. Also will I have to upgrade from my 20 gallon tall . I'm 95% sure its a sword tail and I know those get big. Like 5 inches. I have a huge tank in storage. So if I have to upgrade its fine. But...

...I can only have one show tank and one quarintine tank. Would theswordtail eat my black neon tetras eventualy!
Swords can be aggressive but I would think your tetras are safe.

ChuthuluFish

Finale question.Whew. Would a 65gallon be large enough for a sword tail to live peacefully and happy. Lightly stocked of course?

coralbandit

I would think the swordtail would be fine in 65.It is 4 feet long ?

ChuthuluFish

Yes

coralbandit

All good.

ChuthuluFish

Thanks

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom