Is this a good tank?

1. Ctammy2 Member Member

What do you think? It fits my space, but I don't know if the filter or lighting that comes with it is good? Opinions? Thanks :) ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1406779427.094402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

IMO its a little too pricey for a small tank. I would rather get a 55 gallon tank from the 1 dollar per gallon sale at petco. You can get a sun sun canister filter for around 50 dollars. You can basically get a complete 55 gallon setup for that money or less.

3. Ctammy2 Member Member

Unfortunately I don't have a petco. I only have a petland and a total pet. I have never seen any of their tanks go on "super sale".

I also can't fit a 55g in my space currently. It is in my future plans but not at this time. From my research, max sizes I can look at is the 25/26g or a 30g extra high. (All 24" long).

I am also keeping an eye out for used, but nothing suitable has popped up. :)

I am also looking online, but it has to be in Canada. I hate shipping from the US. Shipping times and costs are too much to be worth it.

4. Guppy123 Initiate Member

Fluval aquarium kits look good and are good quality, but they are too overpriced. I recommend other brands.... Maybe marine land, aqueon, or tetra? None of these aquarium kits are perfect though...

5. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Try looking out for used tanks. Sometimes you find really good tanks for a cheap price. I got my tank for a really great price.

I agree, sometimes you can sometimes find those tetra brand complete kits.

6. Guppy lover12346 Initiate Member

It's pricey, but it seems there's decent equipments. I'd say go for it, if you can afford that price. Good luck

7. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Ctammy, that's a really nice tank, its comes with a Fluval C series filter. In the states, this tank runs around $10USD cheaper, so if you are willing to invest that amount into your hobby, its a good starter, but I would recommend the 29 gallon tall as its almost the same size. Best of luck, dont forget to post photos when its all set up.

8. Ctammy2 Member Member

Is the extra 6 gallons worth it compared to a 20g? They are both the same length. I would really love to have both a dwarf gourami and s gbr...

(Cost vs extra space.) :)

9. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

A 30 gallon is a great starter tank in my opinion. Also, gives your fish extra room to grow, swim and water for waste and contaminants to dilute.

10. dakota Member Member

Like others have said Fluval makes excellant equipment a little more money but you get what you pay for. If you can afford it go for it if it fits your needs. You will be happy with it. Thanks

Clean Water = Happy Fish