Is this a good deal?

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi .. I have never owned a tank larger than a 10 gallon however I have helped several people including family members with the upkeep of their larger tanks. I noticed on a site there was a tank forsale used but only $50 it's a 45 gallon with stand . Not sure about heaters or filters but just curious , is this a good deal!? I'm going to be breeding platties in it , good size?

brodylane1122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Even if it's just the tank and stand, $50 sounds like an excellent deal. That is of course dependent on what shape it is all in.

Meeps83

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree. As long as the tank and stand are in good working order and you can deal with however they look (color, shape...etc) then it's a good deal. If it comes with a filter, heater, or substrate even better!

Bettalover99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's a metal stand and the tank looks in good condition , I was sent pictures, no scratches or anything :$ so good deal?

Thermonectus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If they're throwing the stand in too, I'd say that's a deal worth checking out! I would definitely go see it in person (if possible) before you agree to buy it, though. I've gotten a couple tanks on CraigsList, and I once found a crack in one of them when I went to go see it. It was a very small crack, and the seller agreed to cut the price of the tank in half (!), so I still bought it. It's been holding water for almost a year now, so it turned out to be a great deal, but it highlights the need to inspect any new equipment before you buy it.

Of course, if you can't go see it in person, you'll have to make the call yourself.

lp89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You should definitely ask the seller about the tanks previous use. If it housed a reptile or another animal, you may need to test to make sure it holds water.

Great find! Good luck with it!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom