Is this a good deal??? (Tank kit)

mileshasabrowndogenm

Hello! This is time sensitive as I don’t know when the sale is ending. I found this 10 gal kit for only 30 bucks on sale!!!! Are the products worth having?

Attachments

• 76F050EE-21E5-4E29-9871-3D4AA7040192.png
    76F050EE-21E5-4E29-9871-3D4AA7040192.png
    508.5 KB · Views: 25
  • B2D8D903-BF58-4113-A05D-F7FFF6013447.png
    B2D8D903-BF58-4113-A05D-F7FFF6013447.png
    469.7 KB · Views: 23

RayMichelle

Hello! This is time sensitive as I don’t know when the sale is ending. I found this 10 gal kit for only 30 bucks on sale!!!! Are the products worth having?
I beg you not to get this kit. This was my starter kit. The filter came defective and dislodged a rock that pinned one of my fish down so he couldn't get oxygen. I didn't notice his body right away (tucked into a corner with rocks a similar color to him) so his body caused a nitrite and ammonia spike that killed another of my fish.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I never had any problems with the top fin kits, though i did replace the filters they came with for sponge filters, as most became betta tanks. I have had a few of the 5.5s, the 10 i have had going for years(currently a fry tank), and the 20gal version.

Upvote 0

RayMichelle

I beg you not to get this kit. This was my starter kit. The filter came defective and dislodged a rock that pinned one of my fish down so he couldn't get oxygen. I didn't notice his body right away (tucked into a corner with rocks a similar color to him) so his body caused a nitrite and ammonia spike that killed another of my fish.
I highly recommend shopping the brand aqueon at Petco. They're having a 50% off open glass tanks sale I believe. You would obviously still need to buy a separate heater, filter, thermometer, and possibly a lid, though. Alternatively, you can purchase the top fin kit and then purchase a separate filter. I highly recommend the fluval aquaclear power filters. They come in plenty of sizes and the only noise they make is a lovely water fall.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I highly recommend shopping the brand aqueon at Petco. They're having a 50% off open glass tanks sale I believe. You would obviously still need to buy a separate heater, filter, thermometer, and possibly a lid, though. Alternatively, you can purchase the top fin kit and then purchase a separate filter. I highly recommend the fluval aquaclear power filters. They come in plenty of sizes and the only noise they make is a lovely water fall.
I do really like the 10g LED kit, about to get the 29g LED kit.

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

If you get a kit, defeinitly get a new filter.

Upvote 0

RayMichelle

I do really like the 10g LED kit, about to get the 29g LED kit.
I'm going to be purchasing the 10g kit soon! I currently own a 20h and it works perfectly.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

I bought this one to use as a quarantine/hospital tank and it leaked the first time I put water in it.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I bought this one to use as a quarantine/hospital tank and it leaked the first time I put water in it.
And that mystifies me. I never had any of those tanks leak. And the 10 and 20 i still use some 4 years later!

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

And that mystifies me. I never had any of those tanks leak. And the 10 and 20 i still use some 4 years later!
Not sure what happened. It seemed like the seal in the corner was bad. Luckily I noticed as I was filling it. It went back to the store. I have the Top Fin 37 gallon kit and have had no problems.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

If they are on sale though...i may have to check out the 29g kit. Or the 55. I got uses!!

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

If they are on sale though...i may have to check out the 29g kit. Or the 55. I got uses!!
It is a really good deal. I picked up a 20 long at the Petco sale...but don't tell mu husband. He doesn't know yet...lol.

Upvote 0

Papasmerf73

I missed out on the 55 gallon sale. Thought it would be all week but alas it's not. I do have the 5.5 kit for a quarantine tank which is now my shrimp tank. Zero issues going on 6 months except for the annoying no priming filter.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
Replies
Views
cmb19
Replies
Views
abarb