Is this a common Goldfish?

AmunetDeVawn

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A family member won a goldfish from a festival and gave it to me. I’m the person with fish in the family. I’m trying to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking of switching out tanks with a betta that I have in a ten gallon. Just temporarily until he gets bigger. I need to know if it’s a common goldfish. I have family with a koI pond and I’m thinking of sending him that way if he is a common and will get big. He’s not currently in an adequate tank. And I know he won’t be even in the ten gallon. But I’m working on it quickly.

Attachments

ArtFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yes comment, I don't know for sure if size matters with goldfish but if the koi are much larger maybe wait for it to get larger to put with koi.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can add him to the pond, or you can keep him. Keep in mind though that he will very likely be stunted in a smaller aquarium(unless you do lots of water changes).

Canacullus

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Commons can get 8+ inches long, so unless you are fine with it living a horrible life put it in either a pond are a 55+ gallon tank. That’s just my opinion.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Canacullus said:
Commons can get 8+ inches long, so unless you are fine with it living a horrible life put it in either a pond are a 55+ gallon tank. That’s just my opinion.
Lol there are a lot of opinions on that....A LOT.

New Threads