Is this a bubble nest?

GenF211

I found this attached to the top of one of my Amazon swords that has surfaced this morning… I did a water change yesterday so it’s new. I’m new so not sure. I have one pregnant looking Ember atm.
4D4E278F-4BDD-4852-8C3B-F19C14CFB276.jpeg

BigManAquatics

GenF211

Omg. Ok well I added 3 female and one male dwarf neon rainbows yesterday! He has been aggressively chasing a female all morning! I guess their happy with their new home

mattgirl

Omg. Ok well I added 3 female and one male dwarf neon rainbows yesterday! He has been aggressively chasing a female all morning! I guess their happy with their new home
It may seem so but aggressively chasing isn't really a sign of happy fish. Hopefully soon the chasing will slow down or you are going to end up with stressed out females. Let's hope he divides his time between all the females so one doesn't get overly stressed.

I agree. It isn't a bubble nest. Bubbles will often form around anything sticking out of the water. Even more often if there isn't a lot of surface movement.

GenF211

It may seem so but aggressively chasing isn't really a sign of happy fish. Hopefully soon the chasing will slow down or you are going to end up with stressed out females. Let's hope he divides his time between all the females so one doesn't get overly stressed.

I agree. It isn't a bubble nest. Bubbles will often form around anything sticking out of the water. Even more often if there isn't a lot of surface movement.
I thought that was strange, and now it’s dissipated to a third the size. They all seem a little stressed but they are a lot faster moving than the Embers so I just need to learn their behavior. I may need to go purchase a few more so they will feel more secure. Then my stocking is done. Thankyou!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
HakeyrKelly
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sputnik
  • Question
Replies
Views