Is This A Bubble Nest?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by BNBetta, Feb 12, 2019.

1. BNBettaNew MemberMember

If it is, I KNOW I read somewhere it’s instinctive and not necessarily a sign of happiness. Even so, it kind of makes my heart feel good he trusts my fishkeeping skills enough he’d hatch any possible kids here.

Attached Files:

2. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Yes it is. Also sick bettas don't make bubble nests, so your boy is probably content or at least in good health. I have never had a sick betta who make a nest

3. BNBettaNew MemberMember

Well I’m glad to know he’s healthy.
    He did a good job on his nest! I’m proud of him!

4. WinterSoldier.Well Known MemberMember

Perhaps you could post a picture of him

5. BNBettaNew MemberMember

Oh sure!!
    He was all reddish/burnt orange when I brought him home Saturday. He is now starting to get some turquoise on him as well.

Attached Files:

6. BNBettaNew MemberMember

You can really see the turquoise here

Attached Files:

7. RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

Very pretty fish! Someone already said it, but that's a bubble nest for sure

8. BNBettaNew MemberMember

Thank you!
    He’s not just handsome, he has a great personality to go with it. He’s friendly and inquisitive and has a great sense of humor.

9. kudzuNew MemberMember

Please explain the sense of humor comment. Would really like to know how he's expressed that. (This is genuine curiosity, not an expression of doubt.)

10. GuanchyWell Known MemberMember

great looking betta!

11. BNBettaNew MemberMember

Oh sure.
    Well some of it was just me attributing human traits and characteristics to a non-human being. Some of it was just me being funny and making it sound like a personal ad (friendly and inquisitive, great sense of humor, enjoys midnight swims behind the java fern). Some of it meant that he really is a funny little fish and he does make me laugh. I think it’s funny and cute when he gets mad at the thermometer (it’s almost like he just gets frustrated that it’s in his way and he was trying to swim there). He makes me laugh when he swims up to the front and dances (wiggles) when he sees me because he makes me think he’s a private dancer and putting on a good show for tips (aka food).

Did that kind of clear it up for you? I’m not really sure how else to explain it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  12. kudzuNew MemberMember

Great explanation. Thank you. Have had a number of fish with big personality, though none has laughed at my jokes. That might have more to do with my jokes than their sense of humor. :)

13. BNBettaNew MemberMember

Oh you don’t know that. Maybe in their own special little way they were laughing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice