Is this a ANubias rot

Fishkeeping7777

Hi I’m extremely new to the aquarium Hobby and this form not planning on staying well just planning on getting some help I don’t know if they should be in aquarium plans but I also have another question about way about aquariums
so first my Anubias nana
I got them from Petco I was going to purchase some online but I didn’t know how they would hold up because I lived pretty far from the seller so there’s some brown on them is this the beginning of rhizome rot i’m aware that it is a over stocked with them but I was planning to buy two but the pet store container had an extra one and I did not know where to put it I have another tank a beta tank 5 1/2 gallons but he’s kind a rough on plants even his fake ones do you like this one through them a lot and I know they would probably pop out in the beginning so I didn’t put them in there and he only has Fake plants. and a 1 gallon beta fry tank

Warning this is not permanent it is not my fish but I will move him to a bigger tank even though he’s not

My fish is the one in the 5 1/2 gallons

And about my aquarium I was like kind of a chemical he smell just a little bit I don’t know why I do regular water changes -two weeks
I will check the water frequently maybe every week to five days last time it was tracked it was

ph 7.5-8.0

gh-120

Nitrates or either zero or 20

nitrites zero

so the water and it was a little hard but I’ve been putting almond leaves because I heard that that will soften it

But other than that everything looks fine with both fish it’s just the the Anubias they are in a 2.5 gallon And rhizome above substrate And have fertilizer and light on them by the way one is fake so if you see another one it’s fake there’s total three real onesBy the way I used Siri for this I’m not the Greatest the way I used Siri for this I’m not the greatest speller and I did this really quick still try to understand your best.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 20

86 ssinit

I don’t see rot. Some of the roots are dying but that may be just from the water difference. The rot starts on the rhizome and will be brown and mushy. It’s rare to get this. But if you do see it remove from tank and cut off all rot. If you have a qt tank put it in there. Anubias rot only effects anubias.

Fishkeeping7777

My quarantine thing
I don’t see rot. Some of the roots are dying but that may be just from the water difference. The rot starts on the rhizome and will be brown and mushy. It’s rare to get this. But if you do see it remove from tank and cut off all rot. If you have a qt tank put it in there. Anubias rot only effects anubias.
My quarantine tank is very very small it’s mainly for small fish and it’s not even really set up yet doesn’t have a filter or a heater or air pump because I don’t have a lot of fish yet but the reason why I said that is because you can see some kind of brown on the rhizome
And this is my first time Keeping aquatic plants
So it’s ok that the rhizome is like that there’s also some brown stuff on the leaves not that much though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 10

awilkinson871

That small amount of brown is just where the rhizome was cut to form the new plant. The rhizome sealed itself. I would not worry unless the brown starts to spread and gets soft.

Fishkeeping7777

That small amount of brown is just where the rhizome was cut to form the new plant. The rhizome sealed itself. I would not worry unless the brown starts to spread and gets
How about the leaves and nothing looks wrong in the picture I just wanna make sure because this is my first time taking care of real plants in a tank

Revan

How about the leaves and nothing looks wrong in the picture I just wanna make sure because this is my first time taking care of real plants in a tank
Plants look pretty fine. I dont really see any browning on the leaves. My plants are pretty low maintenance, although I do dose fertilizers every 2 days.

Fishkeeping7777

That’s good but i used flourish which is just so Dose every two weeks and by the way the tank is a Nano tank and it has recommendations for 60 gallons so I have to put very little in there

86 ssinit

Flourish is fine and anubias don’t need much.

Fishkeeping7777

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
  • Question
Replies
Views